Saturday, February 19, 2011

Don't Always Expect To Be Perfect

Posted by Chris Beason | Saturday, February 19, 2011 | Category: |

Yesterday I planned out what I was going to eat, but after having a Banana Nut Muffin which was small but very good and filling, I took a nap. I slept right through my morning snack and lunch. Once I woke up I realized I had errands and I wanted to run/walk. If I was going to get everything done, I needed to get going. One was going to Walmart.

The worst time to be in a grocery store is when your hungry, but it had to be done. My first stop in Walmart was the deli, to get a spoon. The next stop was the dairy aisle to get a yogurt. I ate a yogurt while I picked up the things I needed and was able to overcome the temptation of picking up things I didn't need. When I got to the register I just had them ring up my empty container and throw it away.

Have you ever bought something, found out you really liked it, went back to get more and find they don't carry it anymore? How does that happen in less than a week? I bought sandwich rounders the other day and went to buy more only to find they're gone! I found the same thing made by Earthgrains called "thin buns" so I bought them hoping they tasted as good. Turns out they do. However, the third bun I pulled out wasn't sliced right. I looked on the package and found an 800 number to call.

Now I'm not a big complainer, but I figure if nobody says anything then nobody will know there is a problem to correct. They're really good buns. They just had a problem in their production line that needed to be corrected. The customer service agent was really nice. She is sending me a coupon for a replacement package and is also sending me a coupon for a product to try from their "Better For You" line. After I told her that I write a blog (hey, I'll take readers any way I can!), she said that she'd send me an email address so that I could send them a link to my post on the product.

So, all in all, yesterday turned out to be a good day even though I missed my morning snack and lunch. Here's what I did eat:

7 a.m. Banana Nut Muffin
3 p.m. Yoplait Lemon Pie Yogurt
6 p.m. Turkey Burger and a few potato chips (I forgot to get Sun Chips at the store!)
9 p.m. Great Grains Pecan Cereal

I also ran/walked a mile. It was so much easier than last time!

Currently have 0 comments:


Leave a Reply

Twitter Bird Gadget