Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Watered Down

Posted by Chris Beason | Wednesday, February 16, 2011 | Category: |

You'd think that I really like water as much of it as I've drank today, but sometimes water is the only thing that will truly quench a thirst. I haven't been more thirsty than normal, but this morning I made myself drink water instead of tea and ever since then every time I got thirsty all I wanted was more water.

The last soda I had was Sunday night. A Mountain Dew. Right now that doesn't even sound good to me. Is it possible that you can starve yourself from water and once you finally give in and drink it you can't get enough? For as long as I can remember I've been told I should drink eight glasses of water a day. What I've never been sure of is how big of a glass constitutes one glass of water. It's not set in stone, but from what I can find most people base it on an 8 ounce glass. If that's the case, that would be 64 ounces or the equivalent of a little more than 3 bottles of water a day. That I can easily do.

Not only does water flush out your system and is good for your kidneys, it's been suggested that drinking plenty of water can reduce your risk of cancer with the highest percentage of prevention being breast cancer. There's not much information that I could find as far as studies that have been done, but it makes sense to me. If water flushes out toxins, then why wouldn't it flush out whatever it is that causes cancer?  Regardless, I know I need water and when I weigh the pros and cons to drinking water, the only bad thing I can come up with is that it's not sugary and bubbly.

My meals today:

7 a.m. Peanut Butter & Honey on Wheat
10 a.m. Strawberry Yogurt with Granola mixed in
1 p.m. Grilled Chicken & Onions on Wheat with Mustard (I just happened to be at Waffle House)
4 p.m. Apple and Cheddar Cheese stick
7 p.m. Raisin Toast
10 p.m. Grilled Chicken & Onions on Wheat with Mustard (I was at work)

I walked/ran 1 mile today. I started out running and got 2 blocks when I decided it was probably best to walk 1 block and run the next block.  I kept up that rotation of walking and running the rest of the mile. My plan is to ease myself back into running so I'll do the same thing Friday, Monday and Wednesday. The following Friday I'll bump it up and try rotating running 2 blocks and walking 1 block.

Last time I weighed I was down to 173 pounds! I'll weigh myself again on Tuesday.

Currently have 0 comments:


Leave a Reply

Twitter Bird Gadget