Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tuna Fish Sandwich

Posted by Chris Beason | Thursday, February 17, 2011 | Category: |

Today I was wanting something different for lunch for a change. I don't think I want another Grilled Chicken on Wheat for a few days. There were a couple of cans of tuna fish in the cabinet. I like my tuna fish sandwiches with  boiled egg in it, but I didn't have enough time to make it like that. At least that's what I thought. I make scrambled eggs in the microwave all the time. Why wouldn't it work for boiled eggs?

I seem to remember someone telling me that if you put an egg that is still in the shell in the microwave that it will explode. Well, I decided not to try that. I cracked the egg into a bowl and instead of adding a little butter and stirring it up like I would do for scrambled eggs, I just put it straight into the microwave.



On high power, I microwaved the egg for 15 seconds (I stopped the microwave when I heard the egg pop). I pulled it out,  flipped the egg over and microwaved it for another 10 seconds (again, I stopped the microwave when I heard the egg pop).  When I pulled it out, it was basically just how a boiled egg would be except with the white flattened out.



Next, I used a fork to break up the egg.  I drained the tuna and added it and 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing to the bowl and mixed it all up. On a sandwich rounder, I put lettuce, half of the tuna and a few dill pickle slices. I refrigerated the other half of the tuna.  The sandwich was really good and filling! It could have used a little more ranch dressing, but I figured I might as well have used mayonnaise if I added anymore. The ranch dressing was a good twist on tuna fish and it had fewer calories and fat than mayonnaise.



My meals today:

8 a.m. Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
11 a.m. Granola bar (Kashi Dark Chocolate Coconut)
1 p.m. Tuna Fish Sandwich
4 p.m. Granola bar  (Fiber One Peanut and Peanut Butter)
7 p.m. Two Scrambled Eggs and Wheat Toast
10 p.m. Raisin Toast

Currently have 0 comments:


Leave a Reply

Twitter Bird Gadget