Friday, February 25, 2011

Breakfast Choices

Posted by Chris Beason | Friday, February 25, 2011 | Category: |

I can't tell you how many diets I've tried to lose weight. Because I have very little willpower, usually by the second day I was all to ready to pull into a drive-thru that beckoned happiness and good food for a few dollars. Drive-thrus had become a habit.  My routine used to be a breakfast biscuit or croissant sandwich and a coke or sweet tea. On a cheap day I would spend at least $2.50.  On average I was spending about $15.00 a week (5 days) just for breakfast. That is one of the reasons why changing my eating habits, instead of dieting, works so well for me. Not only am I eating better now, I'm also saving time and money.

Wheat Bread - $1.50
Thin Buns - $2.50
Sliced Cheese - $2.50
18-count Eggs - $2.25
Peanut Butter - $3.50
Honey - $2.00
Instant Oatmeal - $2.50

I can spend a few dollars more and get enough to make breakfast for 3 people for two weeks (12 days). Here are the different choices I have for breakfast based on the products above:

Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwich on Wheat
Egg and Cheese Sandwich on a Thin Bun
1 packet of Oatmeal (made with water)

Other things I eat for breakfast are:

Fruit and Cheese
Yogurt and Granola
Scrambled Egg and Toast
Cereal

It takes less than a minute to scramble an egg. Crack an egg into a bowl (glass or stoneware works best) and use a fork to beat the egg. Put it in the microwave for 30 seconds. It's perfect to put on a sandwich and carry it with you.

My meals for yesterday:

8 a.m. Peanut Butter and Honey on Wheat
11 a.m. Pear and String Cheese
2 p.m. Chicken and Cheese on Wheat (with Mustard)
6 p.m. Egg and Toast
9 p.m. Grape Nuts Cereal (1/4 cup with milk)

Currently have 0 comments:


Leave a Reply

Twitter Bird Gadget