Thursday, February 24, 2011

When The Going Gets Tough...Run!

Posted by Chris Beason | Thursday, February 24, 2011 | Category: |

It was tough to get motivated yesterday to go running. Although, in the past I would say to myself do you want to go run? And myself would say back are you serious? No. Yesterday I asked myself what time I should go and in the end decided I should just go ahead and get it over with.

As I started running I was trying to decide if this was getting any easier. This was my second day to do the run 2 blocks and walk 1 block rotation. At the half mile mark I realized this had gotten easier. I felt I could run the whole way back home, but I decided to go ahead and stick with the same rotation and maybe try bumping it up Friday.

I got home and looked at the clock. It had only been 12 minutes. Last time it took 20 minutes. It had gotten easier! Then I realized I was going to have to bump this up. I'm going to have to add some more distance because I want to exercise for at least 20 if not 30 minutes. Friday I'm going to try running 2 1/2 blocks and walking 1/2 a block, but going 1 1/2 miles.

Even if running is not your thing or you can't run, at some point you should try to find something to do that increases your heart rate for at least 20 minutes 3 times a week. You can essentially do the same thing I'm doing with walking.  Walk at a fast pace and then walk at an easier pace to get your breath back. Once you get your breath back, go again!

My meals yesterday were:

8 a.m. Peaches and Cream Oatmeal
11 a.m. Meatloaf Sandwich (made with leftover This Ain't Your Momma's Meatloaf)
2 p.m. Peach Yogurt with Granola (guess I was on a peach kick yesterday!)
5 p.m. 2 Eggs and Wheat Toast (dry)
9 p.m. Bowl of Great Grains Pecan whole grain cereal

Currently have 0 comments:


Leave a Reply

Twitter Bird Gadget