Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cheat Day

Posted by Chris Beason | Sunday, February 13, 2011 | Category: |

Ah, I finally got to eat my Zero bar today. The only reason why this "diet" works so well for me is because I have a cheat day once a week. Saturdays are my cheat day so I don't have to worry about missing out on eating anything. I just have to have a little will power to put my cravings on hold until Saturdays.

Eating out, junk food and sodas, anything I want and as much as I want, I can have it all on Saturdays. I had an Italian Chicken sandwich and Onion Rings (with onion sauce, yum!) from Burger King for lunch. We attended a benefit where they were serving Barbecue Pork Sandwiches, Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Hot Dogs, Potato Salad, Coleslaw and Chips. I had a Barbecue Pork Sandwich with Coleslaw on it.  Later on I couldn't resist the smell of grilled hamburgers so I had a Hamburger without the bun. I would have eaten the bun, but I wasn't sure I had room for it!

Last Saturday we went to a Chinese buffet for lunch. I thought for sure I could eat at least two plates full, but I had barely finished my first plate when I decided if I was going to have some Espresso Cake I'd better quit and go ahead and get it. There's so many things I tell myself I'm going to eat when it gets to cheat day, which puts me at ease when getting through the week, but then there's no way I can eat everything I want. I guess that's why cheat day works. Take for instance my Zero bar. I could easily eat a candy bar everyday, but there's no way I could eat seven in one day.

One thing I haven't totally given up during the week is soda. However, I have managed to cut way down on them. Instead of drinking a few a day, I've been drinking a few a week.  This coming week I am going to try to cut them out completely, but I'll still drink sweet tea and coffee with creamer.  I am going to try to drink more water. Honestly, I hate water! I've done this before so I know that in time I'll learn to like drinking it again.

This morning for breakfast I had Peaches and Cream Oatmeal. I'll be having an Apple and Cheese for a snack and for lunch I'll have a Tuna Fish Sandwich. For my afternoon snack I'll probably have half of a Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwich.  For supper I'm planning on making Pasta with leftover chicken from the Chicken Fajitas I made Friday.

Something else I'm planning on starting this week (since the snow is hopefully over with) is getting out and walking/running. Now that I've started eating healthier, I feel like getting some exercise and I know that is going to help me lose even more weight.

Currently have 0 comments:


Leave a Reply

Twitter Bird Gadget